DIY Holiday Decorations
December 3, 2013 § Leave a comment
Birch bark makes beautiful cards, tree decorations and gift tags. Just a few tips before you start your project:
- Collect birch bark from fallen trees only.
- Soaking in water and flattening the bark under a rock for a few days will get the curl out.
- Cut birch bark into small shapes with scissors.
- Use twine to hang your decorations, in keeping with a rustic look.
- A wood-burning tool is great for writing your greetings and outlining your design (but a sharpie does the job, too!)
- Paint with acrylics or colour with markers.
- Happy Holidays!